Memes are the embodiment of internet culture, having captured the eyeballs, hearts and minds of millions of people. So it’s only fitting they can now live on their own top-level domain: .meme. To kick things off this week, Google Registry is sharing six partners— and four cat websites! — already on .meme, making a purrfect 10:
- Know Your Meme keeps your finger on the pulse of the most important trends happening in the world of memes and internet culture. Check out their new websites on knowyour.meme and stonks.meme.
- 10PM Curfew is one of the world’s largest female lifestyle, beauty, wellness and fashion networks. Step into their world where style, cultural vibes and funny memes collide on style.meme and girls.meme.
- Rudy Willingham is an artist who shares printable stickers at real.meme so anyone can create real-life memes.
- License.Meme is a premier clearinghouse to license the world’s most famous memes.
- Marketing.meme advises brands on meme media plans and content strategies and has worked on campaigns for some of the world’s largest companies.
- Tenor makes it easy for anyone to express themselves through GIFs and memes, which launched earlier this year. They’re making finding, sharing and creating the perfect meme easy through find.meme and create.meme.
- Grumpy Cat is possibly the most famous cat in the world, and one of the top-shared memes thanks to her endearing yet sour expression. She lives on forever at grumpycat.meme.
- Keyboard Cat is the godfather of cat memes. It was filmed in 1984, but wasn’t widely discovered until 2009 when it found fame. Enjoy at keyboardcat.meme.
- Nyan Cat is another web classic. Journey through a digital realm with a rainbow-trailing cat, accompanied by its iconic melody at nyancat.meme.
- Cat.Meme is a curated destination for the most shareable, funny and cute cat memes on the internet.
Starting today, .meme domains are available for registration as part of our Early Access Period (EAP) for an additional one-time fee. This fee decreases according to a daily schedule until December 5. On December 5 at 16:00 UTC, .meme domains will be publicly available at a base annual price through your registrar of choice. To find out where you can register a .meme domain during EAP, visit get.meme.
Whether you’re sharing a relatable scenario, capturing a feeling that’s difficult to express with just words, relishing in sheer randomness or even trying to start a social movement, we can’t wait to see how you’ll use .meme to express yourself.
Original Source: https://blog.google/products/registry/google-registry-meme-domain/